Tuesday, April 26, 2011

She's not a baby anymore.

I've been busy planning my little monkey's 4th birthday party, which is just around the corner. I know that she's growing up- she's been potty trained for nearly 2 years, can spell, write and type her name, and talks with vocabulary well beyond her almost-4-years. But today was different.



Why?



Because I spent my morning enrolling her in Pre-K.



When you're standing in line with a birth certificate, proof of residence and shot records, waiting to sign your youngest sweet munchkin up for her first year of school, it hits you. Hard.



She's not a baby anymore.



I don't know if I'm ready for that.



I can't wait for June so the hubby & I can take our cruise, but I hope that August takes awhile to get here. Please let me savor the last few months of having a toddler.

1 comment:

C said...

Awww, Jen!!! Time flies, doesn't it? I can't believe my lil monkey is already 2 years old...I know before I know it, we'll be enrolling her in school, too. *sigh* It's such a cliche, but just like my momma said, they grow up too fast!!! **hugs***