Monday, August 10, 2009

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Sweet Pepper Chicken

It's been a long time since I've posted a recipe. But honestly, we haven't tried anything new too much this summer. But I used a new crockpot recipe last night that was a big hit so I decided to resurrect the Mmmm Mmmm Monday posts and share it with y'all!

Sweet Pepper Chicken
6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 medium green pepper, julienned
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
Hot cooked rice
In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 5 qt slow cooker/crockpot. Top with mushrooms, onion and peppers. Combine the soups; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with rice.
Makes 6 servings.

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Sounds delicious! And I like that it is colorful too!

Thank you for sharing. Now all I need is a crockpot! I bet a dutch oven would work pretty good as a substitute...

-Andrea