Monday, May 3, 2010

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Easy Fajitas

I hunted for some Fajita kits when I was grocery shopping on Friday and couldn't find what I needed. (Okay...so I didn't hunt...I went to one store. ) Anyway, after poking around online I got the jist of what I needed and then sort of flew by the seat of my pants. The result was pleasant...everyone in the house scarfed down at least two!

Here's what you need:
8 inch tortillas
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1-2 bell peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
EVOO or vegetable oil
1 tomato, chopped
1 packet Mexican or Taco seasoning
salsa, cheese and lettuce for toppings

First, heat up about a tablespoon of oil in a skillet on the stove, at about medium-hi heat. Coat the onions and pepper in some of the seasoning (be sure to leave enough for the chicken). Add the veggies to the oil and stir-fry until the onions are transluscent and the peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.

Without rinsing the pan, add another Tbsp of oil. Coat the chicken pieces with the remaining seasoning and add to pan, cooking until white inside and out.

Then all you do is build your fajita how you like it! We layered ours like this: chicken & veggies on the bottom, then lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and salsa. Enjoy!!

No comments: