Monday, February 21, 2011

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Vodka Penne Pasta

This is SUCH a yummy recipe. My kiddies informed me that they prefer this type of pasta over the regular pasta & spaghetti sauce that I usually make. Fine by me...this is one of my favorite's too!
Here's what you need:
1 package (16 oz) penne pasta, cooked
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Grated Parmesan cheese
and either
2 jars chunky spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup vodka
-OR-
2 jars Bertolli Vodka Sauce

Heat the sauce, basil and red pepper in a 3 qt saucepan to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in the cream.

Place pasta in a large serving bowl. Pour sauce mixture over and mix well to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

You will NOT be disappointed in this easy to make dish!

No comments: