Monday, December 15, 2008

Handmade Christmas, part 2

Now that Christmas is next week (aaaack!), I'll be posting lots in my Handmade Christmas series. I'm finally finishing the 68546813 projects that I so geniusly decided to take on, thinking I'd save myself some dough this year. I still have TONS to do, but here's one that's done!

This is the kids gift to their great-grandma, whom they call Nana. I bought a $3 double frame from Walmart, printed out the pictures of the kids, and decided it needed something more. I had these iron-on rhinestone letters in my craft room, becuase I'd used some on onesies before. I thought that I'd be able to put glue on the the flat backs, let it set, and then just peel the clear cellophane off. No such luck. When I went to pull off the sticky cellophane, the rhinestones came off too. So I had to glue each and every stinkin' rhinestone on, one at a time! Oy!

No comments: