Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jonah-isms v.2: Peeps

Jonah has always added the "e" sound to the end of his words, i.e: drink-y, snack-y, book-y, you get the idea.
Anyway, last weekend we had family in town for Noah's birthday party, and my cousin Val sent up some Halloween goodie bags for my munchkins. They had coloring books, chocolate, and Peeps. Jonah got all excited at the sight of sugar, and while bouncing up & down he said, "Momma! Open my Peep-y's!" Seems innocent enough, right? Well, re-read it and say Peep-y's out loud. I'll wait.
Yep..."Peep-y's" sounds an awful lot like "pee-pee's" which is the word we use in our house to refer to "boy parts". Noah instantly started sniggering from across the room. I caught a glimpse of my sisters who were in the kitchen, and they were doubled over in silent laughter. It was all I could do not to explode with giggles myself. I have never had to concentrate more on getting that plastic cellophane wrapper off the box of Halloween Peeps!

No comments: