Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Garlic Chicken with Rice

Ok I know it's a day late, but deal with it! :) I made this the other night for my family and my parents who are in town this week, and everyone LOVED it...my kids included!

Garlic Chicken with Rice (Crockpot/slowcooker meal)
prep: 10 minutes cook time:6 hours

1 package (6oz) original-flavor long grain wiled rice & mix
1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons olive/vegetable oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
3 and 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken peices, skin removed

Stir together rice, contents of seasoning packet, onion, bell pepper, oil, garlic and broth in 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top.

Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours.

Makes 6 servings.

2 comments:

Natali said...

This sounds good. I've been looking for crock pot meals lately too. How much garlic do I use? It's not in the ingredients list.

Jen said...

Oops! You will need 6 peeled cloves. I fixed it!