Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Return of the Squirrels

Remember my trouble with squirrels? Well, the squirrels never really left, but they apparently took a small hiatus from torturing our family.


I heard a noise outside the slider a few minutes ago and couldn't figure out what it was. Then I saw this:

The blasted squirrels are back to causing havoc! This particular one was tearing apart the bags of sticks that the boys had collected for our weekend fires in the firepit. The boys WILL NOT be happy to see that the sticks they worked so hard to collect from the yard have been strewn about.

UPDATE: Hubby came home from work and caught them at it again, and chased it up the side of the fence and into the beams of our porch roof. He poked a hockey stick inside to try to get the squirrel out, and the squirrel made noise in protest. Hubby turned at looked at me with a look of shock on his face and said "Did you hear that? The flipping squirrel LAUGHED at me!" I started snickering, becuase it did sound like laughter coming from within the beams of the roof. Hubby, on the other hand, failed to see the humor.

No comments: