Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mommy Musings

Here's a few things for all of you mommas out there to ponder.

Isn't it funny how you long for just 5 minutes of quiet in your house, but when it actually is quiet you go in search of the kids because you know they're doing something they shouldn't be?

Why is it that I can't for the life of me get my kids to wake up for school, but on the weekends they're up before the sun??

Sometimes I wonder who the heck these kids are...and I'm convinced that they must've been switched at birth. Then I look at them and see traits of myself and my hubby and it hits me that all those stories our parents told about us really are true, no matter how much we tell them "You must have me confused with my sister/brother! Surely I couldn't have done that!"

2 comments:

Tina said...

Thank you for the smile! Those are funny and I particularly like your last comment about basically saying, "I never did THAT!" haha.

Have you used that old saying with your kiddos yet, "Wait until you have kids...." I'm guilty as charged. I have, but just like myself when I was their age, I never fully understood what that meant. ;)

Staci said...

I too wish for 5 minutes of peace (about every 10 minutes or so) but when I do get it I have to turn on the radio because it is "too" quiet! The rare occasions that my kids stay at my parents house for the night my husband and I have a hard time sleeping because the kids aren't here and we are ready to go pick them up first thing in the morning...