Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Week in the Adirondacks. Part Four.

Wednesday we went to the Adirondack Museum, where hubby's brother-in-law Mike works. I was expecting a small, one building type of place, but I was wrong. This place was great. There were lots of different exhibits, all in their own individual buildings scattered around the property. We spent all morning and part of the afternoon there, and if it weren't for the kids being hungry, I could've stayed all day. If you are ever in the Adirondacks, I highly recommend it. It's kid-friendly, too, which is a HUGE plus.

(Please forgive the quality of some of these pictures. My camera batteries died midway through the trip, and the gift shop was OUT of AA's. So I had to rely on the camera from my phone.)

This is the main entrance to the museum. It's so rustic and beautiful. And no, I have no earthly idea what Jonah is doing.
Yet another big chair. I swear I could've filled an entire album of Big Chair pictures with all the ones we saw throughout the week.
Sophia really enjoyed 'cooking' over the campfire in the kids exhibit.
Noah & his (stuffed) fish.
Jo caught one too!
One of the old railroad cars on display. The kids could ring the bell and play in the engine room.
Going for a canoe ride in the pond.
The boys loved this tent......and this lean-to.
A beautiful view of Blue Mountain Lake from the observation deck on one of the exhibit buildings.
These beautiful swings were in the playground outside of the old schoolhouse. They had lots of great, old-fashioned games (and I mean OLD games...like ones they played during the covered-wagon days). The boys and Bobby were playing with some of them when Noah, very innocently, asked "Dad, did you play these games when you were a kid?" Debby and I laughed SO HARD. Hubby is the youngest out of him, Debby and myself, so when they asked him that, of all people, we couldn't contain ourselves. Oh did we laugh about that for days!
Noah & Jonah made paperbag puppets in the classroom and sat in the desks. They were really amazed that there was only one room and kids of all ages and grades were in the same class.

No comments: