Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Apparently I just attract jerks.

Since we moved into our rental house in January, we've had issues with a neighbor. Things have gone from him nit-picking over the appearance of our yard (resulting is us getting cited on two seperate occasions from the HOA) to him threatening me and my kids because we were playing basketball on our own driveway during daylight hours. I've looked up the rules & regulations for our subdivision and basketball hoops are not prohibited.

I contacted the HOA this morning regarding the issue and they advised me to contact the local authorities and file a report.

Why is it that people can't just be civil? Why must they feel like the whole world owes them? Maybe life has dealt him a rough hand. I do not know. But what I do know is that whatever is making him so angry is not anything that myself or my family has done...we're just unlucky enough to be the people that he takes it out on.

I am trying to be the bigger person in this situtation. When he confronted me yesterday I was very calm and never once raised my voice, despite him using vulgar language in front of my children, even after I'd asked him to not say those things with them around. I will do everything I can to keep my yard in check and avoid his yard like the plague. I will pray for guidance from Heaven and for patience in dealing with him. I will not stoop to his level. But I also will not be bullied and will not tolerate the harassment to my family.

So a phone call to the police I will make.

No comments: