Monday, May 10, 2010

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Sloppy Joe Pot Roast

Yesterday I was getting ready to throw a pot roast in the crock pot when I realized that I didn't have the rest of the ingredients I needed (besides the roast itself). I swore I bought a bag of baby carrots and some dry onion soup. But all I found when I searched my fridge & pantry was an empty carrot bag (darn those veggie-loving children of mine!) and some ragtag items that I hadn't used for anything. So I decided to try it out and see what we came up with. We were all very pleased with the result. Super easy and soooo tasty! The gravy it made was so flavorful that we saved the excess in a container to use over mashed potatoes tonight!

Anyway, here's what you need:
3-3.5 lb beef roast (thawed)
1 packet of sloppy joe seasoning
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp Italian seasoning
water (I filled one of the empty soup cans once and dumped it in)

Place your roast in the crockpot and add the seasonings. Pour the 2 cans of soup over the roast and along the sides. Add water and stir with the soup to make a thinner consistency. Cook on low about 6 hours. This will make your roast fall apart when you remove it from the crockpot. It was so incredibly delicious and tender!

You can definintely add potatoes, carrots, or celery...that would be superb! I wish I would've had more to toss in. But it's so good on it's own too!

Anyway, luckily this time my throw-it-all-together attitude paid off. Wouldn't it be great if that happened every time?

No comments: