Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Finds on Etsy: Football Fever!

I don't know about you, but I am SO ready for college football to start!! Nothing says "fall" more than the windows wide open, a crisp breeze blowing, pumpkin scented candles, and a great NCAA ball game on tv. I. Can't. Wait.

High school football kicked off here in Charleston last night with the Sertoma Classic...so even though the temps are still in the mid 90's with heat indexes up in the 100's, fall MUST be on it's way if the pigskin is being tossed around.

So in honor of boys and men all over the country donning pads, tight pants, cleats and helmets, I searched Etsy for some great football gear...and just wait till you see what I found!

First up is this GREAT top from Christy over at Score on Gameday. I was raised in Florida and sort of adopted FSU as my favorite college team. And Christy has found a way to make women be able to root for their favorite teams and STILL be cute & sexy at the same time! I really really want this top (and maybe one for Michigan State to wear during basketball season!)...oh to be able to get it! She also is starting to make shirts for MLB as well...can you say Detroit Tigers?? Definitely going to buy one of those if she makes one!Next up is this super cool flask from Kryan2Designs. Yes...I said a flask. Tell me it's not awesome- I dare ya. I could think of so many people who would use this sucker when they're tailgating!Here's one from my shop...because EVENTUALLY it's going to cool off and you're going to need something to keep your hand from burning off when you hold your coffe/hot cocoa. I also have it on good authority that my coffee kozies fit really well around beer cans & bottles...but of course I wouldn't know that myself. Wink, Wink. (And hey...if you want to WIN one of these babies just check out this blog and enter yourself in the giveaway!)Last but not least are these tasty looking football cookies from Yummy Delicious Cookies. I don't care what your age is- you are NEVER too old for a cookie...especially one this cute! And wouldn't these be great for a peewee football team party? Just pipe the names/numbers of the kiddos and Bam! A personalized, super duper delicious party favor!I'm hoping that by featuring all of these football goodies it will shove the heat & humidity out the door and "kickoff" the fall!

(Oh, come on...you know you snickered a bit!)

No comments: