Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Handmade Christmas, part 3

Between the two boys, there are 3 teachers to buy gifts for this year. Noah has one teacher, and Jonah has a teacher and a full time teacher's aide. I was at a loss for what to do. I baked them all bread for Thanksgiving, so I didn't want to do it again for Christmas. The other day I happened to catch a segment on The Today Show, and saw this idea by Martha Stewart. I knew right away what I was going to do for teacher gifts! I got the plain white mugs from the BX for $0.75 each, and the ceramic paint came in a sampler set at A.C. Moore for about $6. I had black transfer paper at the house already from other projects, so I just used that. I used a toothpick to make the dots, and voila- instant Christmas mug!


The boys wanted in on the craftiness, so I let them pick a color from my over-abundance of oven-bake clay, and roll it out flat. Then they used Christmas cookie cutters to make the wreaths and the tree. After we baked them up to harden, we glued rhinestones on to the front. We flipped them over and added ribbon to make them into ornaments, and the boys wrote their names and the year on the back.

All that's left to do is buy some small, flavored coffees and tie them up with plastic wrap, and send them off to school for the teachers on Friday!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

The mugs are super cute! What a great idea.