Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Q & A

Found this on Heather's blog, which I follow religiously! ETA: I swear it was there!! I went back to link myself and her post disappeared. Waaah!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper! Unless it's a really odd shape- then it gets bagged.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We always have artificial. The two Christmases we lived in AZ we had a real AND an artificial. Luke AFB participated in the Trees for Troops program, so both years we got a free real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Almost always it's the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend of New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely!! And Publix eggnog is the B-E-S-T! I'm so excited to be living in a state with a Publix again!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my Cabbage Patch dolls...my mom made me one when I was little, which I named Rachel. I lost her on a vacation to Florida (it was a major tragedy!!) so that year for Christmas I got a new one...she had bright orange hair and her name was Tabitha Agatha. I think I still have her in a box somewhere!!
8. Easiest person to buy for? That's easy. Sophia, or my neice Gianna. I'm so excited to finally buy pink, girly things! It's funny because they're only a year and a half, but they have their obsessions already. Sophia loves anything Tinkerbell, and Gianna has a Minnie Mouse fetish. It's so fun!
9. Do You have a nativity scene? I sure do. It's a beautiful one from Partylite that my sister and hubby bought me last year.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Usually I'm a stickler for mailing, but this year we are pinching pennies, so we are mailing cards to family and emailing them to everyone else. Sorry guys!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A pair of Winnie the Pooh overalls when I was 20. My ex sister in law was a huge Pooh fan, and I don't know if I got the wrong gift or if my MIL assumed that every adult female loved Pooh just as much.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't think I have just one favorite. I love the Grinch (both versions), White Christmas, the old, clay-mation Rudolph, Muppet Family Christmas...and theres lots more. Go here for the full list!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to get stuff all through the year. But I usually crack down in October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I do believe that I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Shrimp & crabmeat, Church Windows, and banket.
16. Lights on the tree? DUH!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I really love Mercy Me's version of Silent Night.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? We usually are stationed so far away from family that we just stay home. And this year we are close enough that family is coming to us! Yay!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Sure can. Can you?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? It's always an Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually open one present on Christmas Eve, and then all the rest on Christmas morning. But this year my family is arriving Christmas morning, so we'll be opening our presents Christmas Eve, and then the ones from extended family on Christmas day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How normally courteous and caring people turn so ridiculously mean and nasty.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I usually do blues and snowmen. But this year is just a whole conglomoration. It's actually driving me a little loony NOT to have a theme.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes & gravy. Mmmm.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't want anything material. I want my family to have a nice, relaxing day enjoying each other. It's been a crazy, hectic, headache of a year and I just want us to be able to have a day with no worries.

Your turn!! Go post on your blog, and them come back and leave me a comment so that I can go look!

No comments: