Friday, June 26, 2009

That's what brothers are for.

In my last post, I talked about how Noah's recent lost tooth was the SECOND tooth that Jonah has so lovingly helped to knock out. But the story behind the first of these teeth is priceless.

Let me set the scene for you. (It was sometime last year, soon after we moved to Charleston.) The boys are in the playroom, sitting on either end of the couch, just chillin' and watching some cartoons. I'm in the living room folding laundry and I hear "Momma! Momma! I knocked out Noah's tooth!!" Naturally I headed into the play room to see how much blood I'd have to clean up. Sure enough, there's Noah with a little blood in his mouth, and holding his tooth in his hand. I tell him to go rinse his mouth out in the bathroom, and while he's in there, I ask Jonah what happened.

"Momma, I smacked Noah in the face with the pillow, and his TOOTH FELL OUT!" (imagine Jonah bouncing up and down and waving his hands around while he's talking...the boy's animated to say the least).

Now, of course, I'm seriously doubting the validity of a soft pillow knocking out a tooth, however loose that tooth may have been. I head to the bathroom to ask Noah what really happened, and he tells me that yes, Jonah whacked him with a pillow but what Jonah didn't realize was that Noah had just brought his cup of water up to his mouth for a drink, and Jonah hit the cup into Noah's tooth. Now THAT makes more sense.

I walk back to the playroom and I see Jonah sitting on the couch beating himself in the face with a pillow. I ask him what in the world he's doing, and he says "Momma, it's not fair that Noah has losed two teeth already, and I haven't losed any. So I'm trying to make my tooth fall out too like I did to Noah". And with that he went back to the task at hand, and for the next half hour was convinced that he'd eventually knock out a tooth with a pillow.

1 comment:

Katie Becker said...

I love it!!! That is how Malachi and Avion are. Malachi just lost his second top tooth and since then Avion walks around trying to wiggle his tooth right out of his head and asking me to pull his tooth out too.