Monday, June 11, 2012

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Easy Pizza Rolls

Found this gem on Pinterest (originally from this blog) about a month ago and I thought it'd be a great post-baseball practice/game meal for my family.  Little did I know how big of a hit it would actually be!  It's super easy and the kids beg for it at least once a week.  I made a couple of changes to the original recipe to accomodate the monstrous appetites of my kids.

Here's what you need:
2 cans refridgerated crescent rolls (the kind in the tube over in the dairy section)
1 package pepperoni
5-6 string cheeses, cut into thirds
Pizza Sauce
Garlic salt

Preheat oven to 375*
Unroll and seperate crescents rolls.  Spread about a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each unrolled crescent.  Depending on size of pepperonis, add 2-3 on top of the sauce. Then add a cut of string cheese on top of pepperonis.  Roll up and place on baking sheet.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and pop in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.

I have one crumb snatcher who doesn't like pepperoni, so on the smaller crescent rolls (which there always are some that are not cut evenly!), I just use the sauce and string cheese so he can have cheese pizza rolls.

You can serve these with a small bowl of pizza sauce for dipping.
Enjoy and get ready to make these all the time!

No comments: