Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

I had an experience with a consignment shop that I brought clothes to today that was LESS than desirable. It was my first visit to their store, and definitely my last.

Here's my beefs with them:
  1. They don't do appointments...walk in only. And their consigning hours are M-F from 12-5. I went in today with all 3 kids (the boys had a half day) and got there at 1pm. I was told I'd have to wait 2 HOURS before they could let me know what they wanted, and pay me for it.
  2. I killed 2 hours with three rambunctious children (I didn't want to go home because we were all the way across town) and came back to find out that they only wanted a few peices of clothing from the BOX of things that I brought them. It totalled a whopping $3.50. I'm almost laughed out loud when the employee asked me if I wanted it in cash or store credit.
  3. They told me that the clothes that they passed on were stained (um...NO! I don't consign stained clothing...GROSS!) or old label brands. Come again? The box contained mostly Gap, Abercrombie, Old Navy, and American Eagle clothes....all of which were listed on racks of clothes that I passed on my way in.
  4. They took my very nicely folded clothes and just threw them back in the box...making it extremely hard to carry because it was overflowing.

On the way out of the store, Noah was carrying Sophia because I had to maneuver a heavy box to the car, and she knocked down a pair of boots off of a display. I told Noah that I didn't care that she knocked them down and to just leave them, becuase I wanted to get out of there. Totally petty and immature, but I couldn't help it. I was mad. It made me feel a tiny bit better. And to top it all off, I still had errands to run afterwards! I had planned on just using the cash from the consignment to get the few things I needed, so I put them off until after I went back. It was a total waste of a day, and all for $3.50. I used more than that in gas trying to kill the two hours I had to wait!

No comments: