Saturday, May 2, 2009

Why God gave me boys, I'll never know.

I grew up in a house full of females. I have two younger sisters, and ZERO brothers. My poor dad was the only male around. Even when we had pets they were girls. So I was not ready for the shopping trip we had a few days ago.

My boys are both playing little league this year, and Noah piped up during practice that he wanted to play catcher. The league rules state that anyone playing the catcher's position has to wear a cup (last year even the girls had to!). Off to Walmart we headed (thank goodness hubby came with) to look for a cup and a jock strap. We found one in his size and man oh man you would've thought the boy won a trophy. He was carrying that sucker around like it was the coolest thing ever. He and Jonah even got into a fight about who got to wear it first (we only bought one). Seriously?? A fight over who gets to wear the cup?! Some things I will just never understand.

Yesterday the boys were playing ball outside with hubby and Noah was "trying out the cup to get used to it". Okay son, whatever you say. Hubby said that as they were walking outside he heard "tink tink tink" and looked back to see Noah knocking the bat against the cup. Oy.

Today was the big day and I heard lots of gems come out of the male mouths in the house, like "Noah is Mr. Cup-man", "junk of steel" and "I have nuts of steel, mom!" I willingly accept all of the prayers anyone would like to send up for me. I'm going to need them.

No comments: