Monday, September 20, 2010

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Honey-garlic Chicken

Here's another ripped-from-a-waiting-room-magazine recipe. I made this on Friday night with the Buttery Dill Carrots as a side and ALL THREE of my kids devoured it. They requested that I make it again soon. This is no small feat my friends...Sophia has been quite picky lately when it comes to food. More often than not she announces that she "will not be eating wiss you tonight". She's a diva, that one.


Anyway, here's the recipe in all it's tasty glory. Make it yourself this week...you won't be disappointed!


Here's what you need:

1/3 cup honey
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
2.5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of fat (about 6 pieces)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper


Heat oven to 400*. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, stir together honey, garlic, thyme and rosemary.
Place chicken thighs on prepared sheet and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Brush with honey mixture and bake for 40 minutes, brushing with remaning mixture every 10 minutes (or until internal meat temperature reaches 160*).


It's that easy!!

1 comment:

The Story Chronicles said...

Just wanted to tell you that I made the honey-garlic chicken tonight and it was mmmmm mmmmmm Tuesday de-lish!! I thought I had rosemary but did not, so I just added some balsamic to the mix and it was divine. And I used leg quarters and breasts instead of thighs (because Jimmy's friend is visiting for a few days and I needed to go "fancy"), cooked it a little longer and everybody raved about it. Thanks for sharing - it's definitely a keeper!!!