Monday, May 18, 2009

Mmmm Mmmm Monday: Mom's Macaroni Salad

I thought that since Memorial Day is just a week away (!!), I'd do a recipe that's a barbecue favorite. This is a recipe from my mother-in-law, which I'm positive she got from her mother, who had food prepared on the table almost 24 hours a day. All homemade, by the way. Anyway, I love love love this macaroni salad and it's always a big hit for get togethers.

Mom's Macaroni Salad
3/4 cup diced celery
3/4 cup diced radishes
3/4 cup diced green pepper
3/4 cup diced cucumber
3/4 cup diced dill pickles (I've found it's easiest to use baby dills)
3/4 cup diced olives
1 lb elbow noodles
2 cans tuna
mayo to taste

Cook noodles, drain. Combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Serve chilled.

It feeds ALOT of people, and if you do happen to have leftovers, it is tasty cold OR warmed up!

No comments: