Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Sure Didn't Miss This.

Growing up in Florida, you get used to hurricanes. But as soon as you leave and don't live there for a few (or 7) years, you forget pretty quickly what it's like to be on tropical storm/hurricane watch.

Now we're back in an east coast state, pretty close to the ocean, and just in the last week I've been on the edge of my seat over 3 storms. First was Fay, and even though Charleston wasn't directly hit, we still had a good week's worth of rain from it. The base where Bobby is TDY also got the outer bands, and had more damage than we did. Now they're getting ready for the monstrosity that is hurricane Gustov. That one's making me a bit nervous. And then we have tropical storm Hanna, who's supposed to hit the east coast by the end of the week. And who knows how much bigger Hanna will get. There's alot of open water before it gets to land.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be in Charleston, and I really love it here. But I sure didn't miss this.

No comments: